Baby Sign Language is a great tool for parents to use to communicate with children before speech is developed. You can use sign language to lower child's frustrations and increase their engagement with you.
1. Be animated,. Babies are fastinated by your voice, face and movements
2. Use a sign word list with 10-12 words that are motivating for your child
3. Use your sign list everyday before, during and after activities with your child
4. Use those teachable moments in the day to practice the signs
5. Teach your sign list to everyone caring for the child
6. Hide a toy that makes a continuous noise near your child and when they seek it out, sign the word for music or where or hide or find or help
7. Turn taking, modelling the correct way to make the sign and praise, praise, praise